Many times when people are wanting to lose weight, they can’t. Little do they know, lack of sleep, stress and not listening to your body can be the culprit.
The holiday season can be full of fun times, parties, family, and decorating, but with all these festivities comes STRESS! This time of year it is so important to take care of yourself.
Here are 6 tips to help manage the stress with nutrition:
1. Eat breakfast
- Breaks-the-fast; your body is considered semi-starved after just 8-12 hours!
- It fuels your metabolism (you wouldn’t drive a car with out gas!)
2. Bring snacks
- Veggies and hummus
- String cheese and an apple
- ½ peanut butter sandwich
- Plain Greek yogurt flavored with pumpkin butter and walnuts
3. Eat What You Like
- Leave what doesn’t appeal to you on the plate
4. Go For a Walk
- Walk around the block. This will get digestive juices moving
5. Pay attention to your hunger and fullness level
- Practice “just-right eating
- The Japanese call this “Hara Hachi Bu”
- Eat until you are 80% full
- Practice Intuitive Eating
Yoga and massage are great ways to decrease and eliminate stress
Use these tips so that you can enjoy the holidays for what they really are friends, family, food, peace and happiness.